Baxt UK

Friday, March 30, 2007

Pin me up... or not

One of the first things I noticed arriving at the UK was that some British girls have the skinniest legs I've ever seen. No tights, no calf muscles at all. My mother was astonished how boots looked loose on the girls legs, while she had trouble zipping hers. The second thing to note is that apart from the too-skinny ones, there's a lot of slender elegant women on the street. All around.

I've heard a lot about obesity levels and all that, but I can tell people in Rio are more chubby than here. And well, I have to admit, the more I walk around and come across these girls, I remember I am not a slender girl, and probably will never will. Some I feel like I had the biggest thighs in the whole UK.

And since even if I loose a lot of weight I will never be as elegant as a gazelle-shaped woman, maybe I should assume that and develop my chubby pride. Go for the charm of being not thin and not elegant.

I thought many times that maybe I should take some advantage of my strong complexion (hahaha, I love euphemisms!) and maybe try to adopt some pinupish style. After all, pinups have huuuuge tights and strong arms, and never get anorexya.

It sounded like a good idea that could work well, except from the fact that I am too lazy to be a proper pinup girl. I would have to blow dry my fringe, Betty Paige style, use shorts or short skirts, high heels and all this stuff.

Sadly I am not stylish (or patient) enough to be a post modern pinup, so that's probably the closest I will ever get to being one :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home