Baxt UK

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Technicolor!

To read listening to Technicolor - Os Mutantes.


This is the salad I had for lunch today. I decided to take a picture of it just because it's so colourful.

I'm convinced that colourful food is healthy - artificial colours not included, of course. I heard that once and the idea stroke me as a very simple, easy to follow concept. If I spent some time without eating dark greens, it's time to buy some rocket, spinach and the like. Missing yellow food? Go for some corn, pumpkins and clementines.

I have no idea of how valid this is scientifically. But since this is not the only compass I use to choose my food, I'm sure it can not do any harm.

(Digression: I've heard of a hippie community in the 70s where people would drop any kind of artificial colour in the food just for fun. The blue rice was a must on almost every meal, until they got tired of that.)

Today's salad is ridiculously easy to make: cut little cubes of cucumber, tomato, muzzarella and red onion, add half a can of tuna, a bit of olive oil, basil (fresh or dried), salt, pepper, and that's it!

(The salad is about 5 weight watchers points. You can use lime juice instead of olive oil and reduce it even more, if you think it's worth it. I always think that good olive oil is worth the calories)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg!
quibe recipe!
i sooooo wanna try it!
:D

11:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home